Frégate Golf Course, 18 Holes, Par 72
The FREGATE 6210m golf course (18 holes, par 72)
Undoubtedly, Ronald Fream has signed one of his most beautiful achievements in Dolce Frégate! Before experiencing this fabulous golf experience for yourself, we suggest you discover the layout of each of the 18 holes of the "Frégate" course. Golf enthusiasts in Provence will appreciate the incomparable beauty of the 18-hole golf course, considered one of the most beautiful courses in Europe, with 15 breathtaking viewspots of the Mediterranean Sea to visit in photos if you like!
Set against the backdrop of the Mediterranean Sea, amid Bandol AOC vineyards, pine trees, rock gardens and more, the par 72 course features a varied and balanced route at the heart of Provence green landscape. It's one of the most appreciated golf courses in France.
In the heart of the vineyards and pines, the Frégate Par 72 course is characterized by a balanced and varied layout:
- Hole no. 1 - Par 4 from 267 to 368 m - Handicap 7: Left dogleg par 4 with a departure in height. Be careful to make an even throw-in to lose in distance. No major difficulties touching the green, there is just a bunker on the left of the green.
- Hole no. 2 - Par 5 from 374 to 477 m - Handicap 17: This is a treat for the batters! There is room for the drive and they can touch the green in two. That’s a birdie. The green is defended by a bunker on the left. (Sea view)
HOLE no. 3 - Par 3 from 134 to 155 m - Handicap 15
The double deck green is superb! But if you are on the party without the flag,say hello the galley! Regarding the décor, the diversity is fantastic: the green is at the bottom of a quarry.
On the right, a natural forest, at your back, the sea. Fantastic!
- Hole no. 4 - Par 4 from 262 to 374 m - Handicap 5: Pay attention to your putting into play. Place your ball on the first fairway. There will be 135 meters left of green because the second fairway is lower with a stone wall and an awkward slope. The double-decked green is protected by 3 bunkers and 2 grass bunkers on the left.
- Hole no. 5 - Par 4 from 242 to 336 m - Handicap 1: Right dogleg par 4. We drive over a body of water to the 135 meter stake. The attack on the green is delicate because it is surrounded by water to a large extent.
- Hole no. 6 - Par 4 from 176 to 303 m - Handicap 13: Uphill, you can attack your drive. The green is pegged to the rock. Don’t be long on the attack of the green because you will scrape against the rock and then... A birdie all the same. Very nice view of the Domaine de Frégate vineyards.
- Hole no. 7 - Par 5 from 414 to 511 m - Handicap 9: Right dogleg par 5. View of the sea and of the Rouveau and Embiez islands. The hole is long and wide and you can attack. Be careful not to embark to the left on the approach of the green.
- Hole no. 8 - Par 3 from 106 to 176 m - Handicap 11: Clear green, bunker to the right of the green but no problem, except when the mistral blows.
- Hole no. 9 - Par 4 from 296 to 391 m - Handicap 3: The putting into play is not a problem. The attack of the green is more delicate due to the length of the second shot and the three bunkers that defend it well.
HOLE No. 10 - Par 4 from 338 to 421 m - Handicap 4
The hole where fairway and sea merge! Do not be softened by its beauty... Avoid a first shot too much to the left so as not to have the pines in your line of vision for your attack of the green. The latter all bumpy and with pronounced slopes will make you sweat a little.
- Hole no. 11 - Par 5 from 348 to 458 m - Handicap 8: Holes all the way up. The drive is clear with 3 bunkers to avoid to the left. No problem on the second shot. Do not loosen on the right, the exit of undergrowth remains delicate. A defense bunker on the right. In 3 shots and it's the green. A splendid view of the Big Blue, the peninsula of Brusc and of the islands.
- Hole no. 12 - Par 4 from 303 to 409 m - Handicap 12: Slight right dogleg par 4. A bunker in the center of the fallen fairway makes it difficult to put into play. The second shot is not easier with a raised green and being well-defended by 2 bunkers.
- Hole no. 13 - Par 3 from 146 to 209 m - Handicap 10: Long Par 3 with the scrubland on the right. The green is defended by 4 bunkers on the sides
- Hole no. 14 - Par 5 from 357 to 451 m - Handicap 16: Slight right dogleg par 4 with a raised green, protected by 4 bunkers. Not easy to control especially against the wind.
- Hole n ° 15 - Par 4 from 227 to 328 m - Handicap 18: Left dogleg par 4. The second shot can be rolled or pitched. Be careful not to be long, an out of bounds behind the green waiting for the slightest mistake. Hole in birdie if one is not too greedy.
- Hole no. 16 - Par 3 from 67 to 123 m - Handicap 6: Par 3 with a double-tiered green. Big bunker in front of the green. No particular difficulty except to put the ball in the hole.
- Hole no. 17 - Par 4 from 317 to 401 m - Handicap 2: Hole with the starting plates high up. Nice view of the Frégate village. If you are long at the drive, you can play the green in 2, if you are short, we advise you to approach the gully before putting the ball on the green.
HOLE no. 18 - Par 4 from 338 to 421 m - Handicap 14
Par 4 uphill with 7 waterfalls on the left and one on the right. Place your drive and play your second shot rather long. Once on the green, don’t lose your concentration, the golfers sitting on the Club House terrace are watching you.